The workshop will be held on the Avery Point Campus (map and driving directions) of the University of Connecticut, on the shore of the long Island Sound.
Workshop coordinates:Â Academic Building, Room 301
Arrival to Campus
UNIVERSITY OF CONNECTICUT
Avery Point Campus
1084 Shennecossett Road
Groton, CT 06340
- If you arrive by car, please contact organizer to arrange for a free parking permit. Visitor parking is D-Lot (green star within green employee parking in northeast of parking map). Please include in you message Make, Model, Year, Color and License Plate (including state). If a permit has not been arranged for you in advance, please park at the meter parking (north end of green employee parking in the map). Meter parking is managed by PayByPhone.com (phone required, register in advance if you don’t have a smartphone with access to mobile data).
- Nearby airports
- T.F Green, Providence RI (PVD), 50 miles by car.
- Tweed New Haven CT (HVN), 50 miles by car.
- Bradley CT (BDL), 70 miles by car.
- Boston Logan MA (BOS), 120 miles by car.
- Public transportation to New London (nearest local hub) – check current schedule on Google Maps through public transit option.
- Bus/Train to Hartford/New Haven and Bus/Train from Hartford/New Haven to New London
- Bus/Amtrak from PVD/HVN/BOS to New London
- Bus/Train from BDL to New London (New Hartford Line Train from BDL from 06/16/2018)
- From New London to Groton(check schedule on link)Â Seatbus Route 2,3,9 from New London Transportation Center toÂ Groton Square (Hotel is there too)Â and
- Route 11 from Groton to Avery Point Campus.
- Also: Uber/Lyft
Reserved Hotel Rooms
Hilton Garden Inn Mystic/Groton,Â 224 Gold Star Hwy, Groton, CT 06340, USA
The hotel is about 4 miles from the campus. For public transit instruction, see above.
Conference dinner: TBD